Today: cleaning studio 0-seeds planted 2!!

Okay, so I chose to go to the art store instead....more inspiring than cleaning the studio to tell the truth. What proved even more true is that your children learn to love what you love. Today I took my daughter who is 11 and my son who is 6 (my 8 year old son was at a friend's house) and what was supposed to be only 30 minutes in and out (my 6 year old did NOT want to go to that store!!!!) ended up being a two HOUR adventure. We looked at paints, we determined the best brands, looked at mixing charts, color wheels. We looked at watercolor pencils, at figures for drawing, we bought canvases, sketch books, we were so moved that we came home and doodled, painted and drew for two more HOURS! All I can say is "wow!!" My son that is 6 has never really liked "art" and now he did not even want to go to bed he was so into it. My daughter can't wait to get up tomorrow to paint....all this from a little seed planted today at the art store. So I guess it was well worth the "trip" to the art store...but alas, my studio is still crammed with the remants of our bathroom remodel and December's holiday card extravaganza! Maybe tomorrow.......................................I will post a pic of the little artists at work tomorrow. =) xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a delightful day to me!!! Thanks for your nice comment.